If you cannot view this email properly, please visit: http://www.clsmartsourcing.com/doc/newsletter_0606.htm

Hot Jobs

1 June 2006: System Analyst

 

More jobs here

_________________________________________________________________________

Quiz: Are You a Career Activist?

測驗自己:您是事業型嗎?

 

Take this quiz to determine your activist quotient. Answer true or false.

  • 22 questions; estimated time to take this quiz: 5 minutes. Your answers are not recorded or shared with anyone.

1. I routinely ask myself if I am happy, involved and learning.

我定期問自己工作是否愉快, 有否學習的機會

Yes No

2. I know how to leverage my skills to get better assignments.

我意識到怎樣利用我的技能使我獲得更好的工作機會

Yes No

3. I'm aware of the sacrifices I've made and made them based on a thoughtful analysis of pros and cons.

對於為了事業而犧牲 (例如因OT而減少與家人相處的時間),我總會對各方的利與弊先作出分析考慮

Yes No

4. People think of me as someone who is passionate and engaged in my work.

別人都認為我非常投入和熱愛我的工作

Yes No

5. I'm aware of my strengths and the environment in which I'm most effective.

我知道自己的長處和在怎樣的環境下我會工作得最有效率或者發揮得最好

Yes No

6. I've learned something new in the past six months.

在過去六個月我學習了新的知識/ 技能

Yes No

7. I define myself by my skills, not my job title.

我由我的能力來肯定自己, 而不是我的職級

Yes No

8. I'm aware of what I'm going to be learning during the next six months.

在未來的六個月,我知道自己打算要學習什麼樣的新知識/ 技能

Yes No

9. When I'm unhappy with my work, I do something about it.

當我對於我的工作感到不愉快, 我會作出行動

Yes No

10. I'm prepared to be seen as pushy if that's the only way I can ensure my work needs are recognized.

如果這是達到目標的唯一方法,即使令人感到我過份堅持己見,我也必會這樣做

Yes No

11. I wouldn't take on a project I'm not interested in simply because my boss expects me to.

不能使我感興趣的工作我不會去做,反正我的上司知道我是這樣的

Yes No

12. If a business acquaintance cancels a meeting three times, I will not reschedule it.

如果熟識的人把會議取消三次, 我不會重新安排

Yes No

13. I'm prepared to lose clients if the only way I can keep them is by doing work that compromises my professional standards.

如果我要降低我的專業標準才能保留我的客戶,我寧可失去我的客戶

Yes No

14. Just because someone is a client or a boss doesn't mean he or she can treat me in a way that compromises my dignity.

正因為某人是客戶或上司並不意味他或她能使我收起我的尊嚴

Yes No

15. I'm prepared to vote with my feet if my needs for a balanced work and personal life aren't met.

我極力爭取工作和個人生活的平衡

Yes No

16. I'm prepared to turn down a lucrative assignment if I would find it personally painful to complete (unless I need to pay the bills).

除非我等錢洗,否則我不會為了賺錢而做一份使自己個人感到痛苦的工作

Yes No

17. I've assembled a select group of mentors and friends who provide me with professional and emotional support.

我有一群良師益友不時支持我

Yes No

18. I feel stretched in my work.

我的工作使我緊張

Yes No

19. I'm prepared to do work I don't like if it increases my longer-term options.

如果長遠有好的發展機會,我會忍受眼前我不喜歡的工作

Yes No

20. If my boss scheduled a last-minute after-work meeting that conflicted with a personal commitment, I'd try to get her to change the meeting. If my boss didn't, I wouldn't go to the meeting.

如果我的上司要求於放工後才開一個會議, 而我一早已安排了約會,我會設法說服我的上司把會議改期。即使我的上司最終不肯改期, 我會堅持不去出席該會議

Yes No

21.  I won't put up with being pushed around.

我不會忍受被人擺佈

Yes No

22. If I'm not learning or I'm unhappy in my work, I'll actively seek out alternative opportunities.

如果我沒有學習的機會或我的工作使我感到不愉快, 我會活躍地尋找其他機會,可能轉工

Yes No

-- Souce of quiz: CareerJournal.com